We are a congregation which endeavours to be faithful to God and seeks to be guided by the Holy Spirit in order to live, proclaim and witness to the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
It is our vision that all who share our faith and worship with us may come to know the love, freedom, justice, forgiveness and acceptance of Jesus Christ, and to live, proclaim and witness to the Gospel message.
We aim to be a reforming, enquiring, reflective, faithful, inclusive and effective part of the one body of Christ by:
- sharing the Gospel in ways relevant to today’s world through worship which is inclusive and life-affirming and through serving others in whatever ways we can
- making a difference in our communities and in the wider world, acting upon our concern for justice, peace and the integrity of creation
- discerning the gifts and vision of all our members, recognizing that we all have a ministry to offer, and providing support for each in the exercise of that ministry
- developing a deeper understanding of, and dialogue with, other Christians, peoples of other faiths, and those with no faith
- welcoming all who may wish to join us as we journey together
We realize and accept the challenge of such a vision but affirm with joy our determination to make the sacrifices and changes that are needed for us to play our part in the building of the kingdom of God. We believe that, by working together in these ways, we can, by the grace of God, be a church that is inspired by the Gospel and equipped for mission in the name of Jesus Christ.
last updated January 2016