Wheatley Area Churches
Wheatley URC is one of five churches in the Wheatley/Holton area. Wheatley itself has four churches: St. Mary the Virgin (C of E), Our Lady of Lourdes (Roman Catholic), Wheatley Community Church (Independent) and Wheatley United Reformed Church and nearby Holton has St. Bartholomew’s (C of E.). All five churches together form Wheatley Area Churches more familiarly known as WAC.
The aim of the Wheatley Area Churches group is for the churches to do as much as possible together in joint witness to the local community. WAC has been evolving over the last 40 or more years, as we have grown closer.
Some regular WAC events
- Lent Housegroups, shared simple Saturday lunches or ‘Lent Lectures’
- A procession of witness and shared services on Maunday Thursday and Good Friday.
- Occasional shared evening services
- Village Carol Service before Christmas
- Christmas & Easter cards to every household in the village outlining services in each church.
- A Welcome Pack for newcomers to the village is available through the churches.